While there are medications available to manage arthritis, many people are turning to natural treatments for relief. In this article, we will explore some of the natural treatments for arthritis, including the different types of arthritis and how shockwave therapy could help.
Types of Arthritis
There are many different types of arthritis, but the most common types are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis and is caused by wear and tear on the joints. It usually affects people over 50 years old and can cause pain, stiffness, and swelling in the joints. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that causes the body to attack its own joints. It can affect people of any age and can cause severe pain, swelling, and stiffness in the joints.
Natural Treatments for Arthritis
- Exercise - Regular exercise can help improve joint flexibility, reduce inflammation, and improve overall health. Low-impact exercises such as swimming, cycling, and yoga are excellent options for people with arthritis.
- Diet - A healthy diet can help reduce inflammation and manage arthritis symptoms. Foods such as fatty fish, nuts, fruits, and vegetables are excellent sources of anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- Heat and Cold Therapy - Heat therapy can help reduce stiffness and pain, while cold therapy can help reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Acupuncture - Acupuncture involves inserting thin needles into specific points in the body to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Chiropractic Care - Chiropractic care can help reduce pain and inflammation by improving joint function and mobility.
- Shockwave Therapy - Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses high-energy acoustic sound waves to stimulate healing in the affected area. It has been shown to be effective in reducing pain and improving joint function in people with arthritis.
How Shockwave Therapy Can Help
Shockwave therapy is a safe and effective treatment for arthritis that uses high-energy acoustic sound waves to stimulate healing in the affected area. The sound waves are delivered to the affected area using a hand-held device, and they work by increasing blood flow to the area and stimulating the body's natural healing process.
Research has shown that shockwave therapy can be effective in reducing pain and improving joint function in people with arthritis. In a study published in the Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, researchers found that shockwave therapy was effective in reducing pain and improving joint function in people with knee osteoarthritis.
Another study published in the Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine found that shockwave therapy was effective in reducing pain and improving joint function in people with rheumatoid arthritis.
Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive and safe treatment for arthritis that can help reduce pain and improve joint function. It is a natural alternative to medication and surgery and can be used in conjunction with other natural treatments such as exercise, diet, and chiropractic care.
Visit us at ProActive Health today to “Align Your Spine, Realign Your Life!”
Ready to see a chiropractor, whether for the first time or as someone looking to visit a new chiropractic office? Dr. Doug Patterson or Dr. Michael Hummer at ProActive Health is the top choice in the Michiana area! They will help guide you in developing a plan to tackle a routine exercise plan, consuming the right foods, and targeting your goals with chiropractic care.
Dr. Doug Patterson hurt his back in 1993 thus he first sought the care of a Chiropractor. After this experience, he decided he wanted to help people himself by pursuing chiropractic. He is a 1997 graduate of the Life University College of Chiropractic in Marietta, Georgia, and has been in practice for 25+ years. Since then, Dr. Doug has expanded his field of practice to include functional medicine, science-based nutrition, and now certified in Shockwave Therapy. Schedule a visit with Dr. Doug at ProActive Health today!
Dr. Michael Hummer is native to northern Indiana. He grew up very active and found great enjoyment playing football, rugby, and wrestling. Dr. Mike earned his undergraduate degree in Dietetics at Ashland University where as a student-athlete he was a member of the varsity wrestling team. After graduation, he went on to become a personal trainer, and through his passion for both fitness and nutrition, he helped people to achieve their own goals and acquire greater health and wellness. At the same time, he also enjoyed working with and inspiring the local youth throughout his community through his dedication as a volunteer wrestling coach. Now Dr. Mike is excited to apply his education from Logan University and versatile skill set in aiding the community as they strive for greater health and happiness. Dr. Mike is also certified in Shockwave Therapy.. Schedule a visit with Dr. Mike at ProActive Health today!